Paul’s Prep is a meal prep blog that offers simple, cheap, and healthy recipes. This week I spent 5 hours and $24 putting the blog posts together, configuring SSL, and reserving domain names.
Times: December 17th – December 23rd (5 hours total)
Weekly Revenue Report:
Money spent: $0
Money earned: $0
Weekly Task List:
Monday 12-17-18 (1 hours)
- Recorded and voiced cooking “Ranchero Chicken and Rice” (1 hour)
Tuesday 12-18-18 (2 hours)
- Reserved “PaulsPrep.com” domain for $12. (1 hour)
- Hooked it into existing Site-grounds web hosting server.
- Also purchased a second domain name to AB test how well each domain does. ($12)
Fiddled with SSL certificates for all my sites. So now all my sites are “secure” and start with “https”! (1 hour)
Saturday 12-22-18 (1 hours)
- Wrote about section in sidebar (20 minutes)
- Write “Start here” page. (40 minutes)
- Still need to add some pictures…
Sunday 12-23-18 (1 hours)
- Started on first recipe blog post “Instant Pot Ranchero Chicken and Rice“. (1 hour)
- This ^ took longer than expected as I had to do lots of formatting/ styling.
- My system of working a few hours when I’m feeling up to it before or after my full-time job isn’t returning the results I want. I’m experimenting with a different project schedule, so I can get at least 10 hours of work in each week. I don’t think there’s a surefire, catch all way to dedicate time/energy to side-projects. It’s largely dependent on the person, and their personality. When I figure out a system that works for me, I’ll be sure and share it around.
- Voice overs are so much work!
- To setup SSL (HTTPS) on my site-grounds hosted sites I followed this tutorial